Upon completion of this learning event, the learner will demonstrate knowledge of the hazards of bloodborne pathogens in the workplace. Trainees will learn how to identify major bloodborne diseases and symptoms, how pathogens are transmitted, the basics of exposure prevention and incident response and cleanup. This course is intended to help meet the requirements of OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 and can be used to supplement the Basic First Aid course and CPR Refresher course.
To successfully complete this course, the Learner will demonstrate the ability to:
- Recognize the basics of the OSHA standard
- Identify bloodborne diseases and symptoms
- Recognize the different modes of transmission
- Recognize the basics of exposure control
- Recognize proper incident response and cleanup provisions