In the past, when you talked about SAP SuccessFactors reporting, multiple reporting tools need to be considered (Online Report Designer [ORD], Plateau Report Designer [PRD] for Learning, dashboards, Business Intelligence and Reporting Tool [BIRT], Workforce Analytics, Workforce Planning, and ad hoc reporting). Having multiple reporting tools for different SAP SuccessFactors modules made it almost impossible to combine the data from all modules in one report. This also makes reports across different SAP SuccessFactors modules lack a cohesive/consistent look and feel.
Listening to requests of SuccessFactors customers to simplify reporting, SAP created a single reporting solution called People Analytics that is powered by the SAP Analytics Cloud.
What is SAP Analytics Cloud?
The SAP Analytics Cloud is one simple cloud solution connecting your people, information, and ideas to create dynamic visual stories based on your key business areas with data that is managed by IT. This SuccessFactors reporting solution seamlessly integrates with your data and planning solutions to simplify your analytics landscape. Connect to data from multiple different sources, and visually analyze your information to see the full picture of your business and make better-informed decisions (SAP, n.d.).
Examples of reports that can be created using SAP Analytics Cloud.
What is SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics?
SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics is the new overall solution for reporting, analytics, and workforce planning within SAP SuccessFactors. SAP is embedding SAP Analytics Cloud visualization and planning capabilities into SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics to provide a compelling, modern user experience to customers. Data from across the enterprise and from the market is analyzed with HR data to provide everyone with the impact-driven insights and guidance they need, when they need it, without a delay.
SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics consists of three editions:
- SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics, Embedded Edition. The embedded edition consolidates all legacy SAP SuccessFactors transactional reporting tools into a single tool for reporting, insights, dashboards, etc. and enables customers to perform cross-suite reporting based on live transactional data across the SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite.− Beta program targeted for Q3 2019 with GA scheduled for Q4 2019
- SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics, advanced edition. SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics, advanced edition is being built on the existing SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (on HANA) foundation, thus ensuring a less-disruptive migration for customers that have already implemented SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics. The advanced edition will provide predefined metrics packs, HR benchmarks, and time-series analytics as well as workforce visualizations enabled by SAP Analytics Cloud. − Beta program targeted for Q3 2019 with GA targeted for Q4 2019 or Q1 2020
- SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics, planning edition. SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics, planning edition is the next generation of Workforce Planning with collaborative workforce planning and visualizations enabled by SAP Analytics Cloud. − Targeting GA in Q4 2019 or Q1 2020
What is the difference between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics?
- SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics and SAP Analytics Cloud enterprise are complementary.
- SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics is embedded SAP Analytics Cloud technology but is restricted in scope to HR data. Customers can pull in HR data from non-SAP SuccessFactors systems, including historical HR data, into a data warehouse for use in SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics.
- SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics provides the predefined metrics packs, HR benchmarks, and time-series analytics that customers cannot get with SAP Analytics Cloud alone. Customers that need to blend HR data with data from other systems for enterprise analytics will need to also purchase SAP Analytics Cloud licenses.
- SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics is not moving to SAP Analytics Cloud. Customers will not need separate SAP Analytics Cloud licenses to use SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics.
So, stay tuned in the coming months, as this topic is discussed in more detail as new functionality with People Analytics within SuccessFactors becomes available. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me: email@example.com.