Extend Your SuccessFactors Solution With SAP Cloud Platform Extensions
SAP Cloud Platform is the enterprise Platform as a Service (PaaS) for leading digital innovation, enabling you to unlock the full potential of the cloud. With SAP Cloud Platform extensions, you can extend your SuccessFactors solution with added processes and capabilities not available in the standard package.
With extensions, you can:
- Decide exactly how the process should be designed.
- Transform and correlate data to your needs.
- Design a user interface (UI) that is tailored for your organization.
- Gain access to a wealth of services like machine learning, gamification, mobile, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Combine the benefits of standard best practice solutions like SuccessFactors and still ensure that all of your key business processes are fully supported.
Why SAP Cloud Platform?
SAP Cloud Platform enables you to rapidly build, deploy, and manage cloud-based enterprise applications that complement and extend your SAP SuccessFactors solution. By closing functional gaps in your IT landscape, you can maximize the ROI of your existing solutions. As a PaaS operated by SAP, SAP Cloud frees you from infrastructure and IT costs and offers comprehensive quality of service—availability, scalability, and security.
GP Strategies Extension | HEIMDALL
Manual maintenance of role-based permissions (RBP) groups
Self-service access request extension
- Eliminates the need for central super administrators to manually update RBP groups
- Generates a digital audit trail on all access requests
- Easily configured to support new roles
Heimdall extends RBP to better support managed roles that cannot be granted based on user data or job relationships. At GP Strategies, we have found that, for our client base, more than 50% of all RBP groups are manually maintained based on named users. Managing this part of the system configuration is very sensitive, time consuming, and difficult to properly document and audit.
Heimdall also allows for decentralization of access requests. Identified approvers can review access requests submitted by users and approve the requests without knowing or having access to the RBP framework that is adjusted based on approved requests.
All requests are fully auditable, as the data is stored in MDF. The requests are also reportable so that system user access rights can be documented. The core system administrators are no longer a bottleneck in updating the RBP groups based on ad hoc access requests.