This international consumer goods business sourced and managed coaching locally for many years. This method had several disadvantages. The company was not sure whether they were choosing the best resources to invest in and whether coaching was the right approach to meet their needs. The coaches were working to different standards and approaches; the quality of coaching and its impact varied; and it was difficult to determine the exact costs incurred and the resulting benefits. In line with a shift to global integration in its learning management, this company introduced a new coaching strategy to raise the quality of internal coaching and maximize their return on investment from external coaching.
GP Strategies Solution
GP Strategies was contracted to provide the Executive Coaching Service (ECS) and a global advanced coaching skills program for senior HR business partners of the company. GP Strategies’ ECS now coaches executives for the company across 23 countries in Latin America, Asia, USA, Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
The services provided include the following:
- Developed a business case process that clarifies the purpose of the investment
- Connected executives with suitable local coaches, working to a global standard
- Integrated existing client coaches through a simple assessment approach
- Provided world-class, professional supervision to maximize the impact of coaching
- Harvested organizational learning from the coaches to create additional value
- Integrated central management and reporting, including tracking activity, investment, and outcomes
“The executive coaching program is simply world class. From the unique, hand-selected pairing of coach and participant to the customized, pinpoint development of course content—the program delivers. Confidential, one-on-one, face-to-face sessions spread over an extensive period of time allow genuine relationships to form and substantial engagement to occur. In turn, this drives a significant and shared commitment to both process and outcome. The dividends are profound, and as an investment, I can think of no finer example. This is a high-value resource, which I endorse completely.”
-Company Vice President and Coachee