To comply with the new healthcare policies, the organization decided to implement a collaborative care management platform. The vision for this care management system was to help complex health plans integrate both internal and external data components and connect the entire healthcare team. The goal of implementing this new cloud-based solution was to improve the healthcare preapproval process, care management for higher-risk customers, and management of claims appeals.
GP Strategies® Corporate eLearning Solution
The major insurance company and GP Strategies collaborated to ensure the business objectives were aligned with the corporate training solution. This was accomplished by working with business owners and support staff to:
- Manage design of the elearning training curriculum.
- Provide resources for meeting key deliverables.
- Provide direction for the project’s escalated issues.
- Pair instructional design and instructional resources for parallel development and delivery.
- Identify dedicated subject matter experts (SMEs) from the project team, IT team, and business to assist with providing accurate data, processes, and system/operational requirements.
This type of corporate elearning project emphasizes determining the critical tasks performed by a business unit and then creating a training solution that focuses on those critical tasks. In addition to elearning courses, real-life scenarios are effective prompts to maintain interest in instructor-led training and are an important component when creating courses that use experiential learning. Overall, the implementation of the care management system legacy training was successful. Productivity was maintained after the system went live. The organization continues to use the corporate training solution GP Strategies developed for care management system users.