From Assets to Human Capital Management
In the continued evolution of human resources, companies are increasingly realizing the intrinsic value of their employees and the role they play in initiative success, productivity, and engagement.
But as organizations become more virtual, role clarity is diminishing. This in turn blurs how we define success and the metrics by which we measure performance in the role, which are important factors in developing individual contributors, first line supervisors, and the next generation of leaders. This makes it more difficult to successfully implement short- or long-term business initiatives.
GP Strategies understands that no matter what the size or your organization, developing an effective people strategy is essential to creating the focus and momentum required to drive local or global business success, as well as manage the diverse population of contingent workers who are increasingly taking responsibility for their own education, development, and training.
The key to a successful people strategy is best achieved through GP Strategies’ approaches in the following key areas of human capital management training:
- People Development
- Leadership Development
- Learning Strategy
- Culture Alignment
- Technology Selection & Implementation
The core driver for each of these disciplines is our outcomes-based approach, driven by our Role Excellence Profile (REP) methodology, which uses a succinct analysis of top performers to distill a set of outcomes that can be used as the design point across the various programs that make up the people strategy.
People Strategies that Drive Business Results
- Recruiting–In the ‘war for talent’, companies too often rely solely on recruiting ‘the best’. But what if there are not enough of ‘the best’ to go around. GP Strategies recommends a ‘fit for role’ strategy that purposefully dovetails with a robust people development strategy. In addition, for companies needing to fill seasonal and non-technical high-volume jobs, identifying and sourcing talent from multiple talent pools can be a real challenge. Having processes in place that address that unique group is vital to a successful people strategy
- Onboarding–A well-designed onboarding system reaches out to new employees to welcome them and affirm their decision to join the company. Our integrated onboarding approach engrains new employees into your company’s culture while ensuring they reach their maximum potential as quickly as possible
- Performance & Goals–In practically every industry, leadership is challenging traditional approaches to performance management. Our outcomes accomplishment and integrated systems, which identify performance goals and implement metrics to assess the achievement of outcomes, align individual and organizational goals to your company’s mission and strategy, leveraging the latest and most advanced technology and best practices
- Succession & Development–A strategy to identify and cultivate talent for the next generation of leaders is necessary for the future of any company
Book for purchase: The New Game Changers
The world of learning has transitioned from ‘instructor-delivered’ to ‘informal’ to ‘employee-owned.’ Employees now have total control of their own learning experience and expect companies to offer video content, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), and generous amounts of external access whenever they need it. The role of curation and content management has become central to Learning & Development (L&D). ‘Instructional designers’ are now known as ‘learning experience designers’ and no longer ‘teach’ but ‘design learning experiences.’
With all the advanced technology available to learning organizations, it has become even more important to be clear on the focus of the learning experience and how it equips the individual to drive the business forward. Whereas, it’s sometimes easy to identify the top performers in the workforce, it is harder to identify why they are top performers in their roles. GP Strategies’ Role Excellence Profile (REP) methodology will help identify the excellent performers and the outcomes they are producing and use that information as the design starting point for a role-based curriculum or learning framework.
Refined over twenty-five years, our human performance approach, as first practiced by Thomas Gilbert and Geary Rummler, has resulted in our own proven outcomes-based methodology, a shift in mindset from listing what people know and do, to focusing on what they produce that adds value to the business.
An unattended culture trumps strategy every time. Having a clear picture of the ways in which the existing culture will enable execution of the desired strategy, or ways in which it is likely to impede strategy, is fundamental to both planning and deploying transformational initiatives, and realizing the results from the intended strategy.
Often, for critical initiatives to be successful, some aspect of the culture must be changed. Deploying the proper change interventions is an often overlooked, but silent killer of key programs and initiatives.
Technology Selection & Implementation
Today’s leading companies are migrating disparate HR processes into one integrated enterprise solution—a singular and effective platform that works across all geographies, cost centers, and legal entities to manage its human capital. As a leader in the field of Human Capital Management, GP Strategies works with companies to identify, recommend and implement the right solutions and processes, resulting in an efficient HCM platform with services that work under one ‘global system of record.’
GP Strategies maintains an agnostic position regarding specific products and technical solutions. Our team comprises experts who are intimately familiar with the leading platforms.
- Core HR & Payroll–Streamline the core functions of HR with a unified, global program
- HCM, Learning & Social Technologies–Take advantage of end-to-end services, including selection consulting, installation and configuration, paying special attention to systems integration and interface design development, and data migration. Our teams ensure that your human strategies fit into a unified talent strategy
- Vendor Management–An integrated web-based application to procure and manage staffing services, both permanent and temporary, should be part of any organization’s overall contingent workforce strategy
- Social Collaboration–Supports knowledge capture and sharing, innovation and creates a sense of community that drives employee engagement, retention and knowledge transfer. A social strategy and integration solution can unify networking and collaboration and should be part of a well-designed HCM training platform