Five S (5S), and the following Five S products, offer a visually oriented system of cleanliness, organization, and arrangement designed to facilitate greater productivity, safety, and quality. The system provides a foundation for more responsible behavior on the job — better work, better products, better morale. Browse our selection of lean manufacturing books and videos below.
- Sharing Five S: Leader’s Guide — $49.95 Describes how to conduct 5S implementation workshops, master copies of presentation material, forms, and checklists for use as stand-alone or as a companion to other GP Strategies Five S publications. (144 pages, ISBN 0-87683-392-X)
- Five S: The Basics — $9.95 A quick, easy-to-read booklet filled with example photographs designed to introduce 5S to front-line employees (29 pages, ISBN 0-87683-395-4)
- Five S at Your Fingertips — $9.95 A pocket guide listing each preparation, implementation, and refinement step described in Five S: Creating the Productive Workplace designed as a quick reference for those implementing 5S. (39 pages, ISBN 0-87683-394-6)
- Five S: Creating the Productive Workplace Video or DVD — $125.00 With your choice of video or DVD, we illustrate 5S in action for teams about to begin their 5S journey, or needing reinforcement once 5S has been implemented; includes how to prepare for 5S, and front-line employees describing before and after 5S implementation in both office and manufacturing workplaces. (30 minutes, ISBN 0-87683-391-1)
- Five S: Creating the Productive Workplace Kit — $260.00 A kit designed as a cost-effective, yet comprehensive, resource for those leading 5S implementations. (Includes 5 copies of Fingertips and The Basics, and 1 copy of Creating the Productive Workplace, Leaders’ Guide, and Video or DVD as described above; ISBN 0-87683-390-3)
- The Engagement Equation: Leadership Strategies for an Inspired Workforce — $20.00 The Engagement Equation explains the drivers of employee engagement, and how to best use them to reach your company’s goals. Unlike many other employee engagement books, The Engagement Equation is based on 40+ years of hands-on research, practice, and refinement by global consulting firm BlessingWhite, authors of the original engagement report.