GP Strategies hosts several open enrollment power generation courses each year. These fossil fuel training courses ensure your employees have the skills and knowledge to operate and maintain an efficient plant.
Click on the course name for class information and to register for one of our power plant training classes!
All of our instructor-led courses can be hosted at your site. Contact us to learn how you can host one of our courses on site and earn continuing education credits (CEUs) or professional development hours (PDHs) upon successful completion of one of our qualifying courses.
Instructor-Led Courses – Performance Knowledge™ Series
This courseware* focuses on methods to improve the availability, reliability, and efficiency of power plants and provides students an understanding of the concepts behind fossil and combined cycle performance improvement:
- Performance Knowledge Series Courses Overview (Download PDF)
- Advanced Performance Analysis and Troubleshooting for Power Plants (Download PDF)
- Fundamentals of Power Plant Performance for Utility Engineers (Download PDF)
Instructor-Led Courses – Operations Knowledge™ Series
The following courses* focus on the operations and maintenance of fossil and combined cycle power plants:
- Combined Cycle Abnormal Conditions (Download PDF)
- Combined Cycle Fundamentals (Download PDF)
- Fossil Plant Abnormal Conditions (Download PDF)
- Power Plant Fundamentals (Download PDF)
- Large Steam Turbine-Generator Operations (Download PDF)
- Simulator-Based Coal-Fired Plant Operations Overview With Boiler Tube Failure Diagnostics (Download PDF)
- Simulator-Based Combined Cycle Plant Operations for Operators (Download PDF)
- Simulator-Based Gas-Fired Boiler Plant Operations for Operators (Download PDF)
- Utility Boiler Operations (Download PDF)
*All of our power plant short courses can be presented at your site and can be customized to suit your needs and equipment. Additionally, certain courses are available on an open enrollment basis at various locations in the US.
Advanced EtaPRO APR and VirtualPlant Workshops
Attendees have the option of attending the first 1½ days working with GP Strategies’ advanced pattern recognition software, EtaPRO™ APR, the last 1½ days working with GP Strategies’ thermodynamic modeling software, VirtualPlant™, or the option of taking both the VirtualPlant and EtaPRO APR classes.
The objective of the EtaPRO APR workshop is to provide an overview of the software. Students will learn how to manage and maintain existing installations, and develop new models using EtaPRO APR’s model builder application.
The objective of the VirtualPlant workshop is to provide an overview of the software. Students will learn how to develop and tune VirtualPlant models.