Supporting career development is great in theory but can be difficult in practice. Some managers may even dread these conversations. Career Conversations facilitates honest dialogue about what it is that employees want out of their careers, what is actually expected of managers in the career development process, and how managers can best prepare to talk about their team members’ careers.
- Understand what employees want out of careers and from their managers
- Apply insights and tools for understanding the needs of individual team members, providing useful perspective, and creating connections to opportunities and people
- Plan a career conversation with at least one team member
- Be prepared to handle common career coaching challenges
- Create a team strategy for talking about career development