This course teaches the skills that are necessary to both give and receive constructive and positive feedback in a way that maintains relationships and increases performance. Feedback opens the door to discussion and problem solving, and it is essential to personal growth and development. When feedback is given constructively, the receiver of the feedback is more likely to listen nondefensively and take appropriate action. It is important for learners to discover that the receiver of feedback has equal responsibility in creating a comfortable interaction between both parties.
- Define feedback
- Understand the importance of the approach to giving feedback
- Identify guidelines for giving feedback
- Demonstrate the ability to use observation versus judgment
- Apply steps to giving constructive feedback
- Apply steps to giving positive feedback
- Apply guidelines for receiving feedback