Attendees will walk away being better equipped to navigate a matrix environment, where they may have little positional power. They will be able to form stronger networks across the organization and more effectively build sponsorship for their ideas, gain stakeholders’ buy-in and support, solicit the cooperation of others and drive their priorities. They will do so through building trust and credibility, thoroughly assessing the style and needs of those being influenced and skillfully applying core communication techniques.
- Define the benefits and challenges of operating in a matrix environment
- Use credibility and trust to impact your ability to influence others
- Identify ways to strengthen your network
- Analyze the person and situation to plan for a more effective influencing strategy
- Deploy Critical Communication Skills to create a more productive influencing conversation
- Apply a 6-step influencing strategy to tackle a real-world situation