COLUMBIA, Md., Oct. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Global performance improvement solutions provider GP Strategies Corporation today announced that it won nine Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Awards in the Learning Development, Leadership Development, Sales Performance, Talent Acquisition & Management and Workforce Management categories. GP Strategies, in collaboration with its customers, received awards for the following projects:
- Gold | Best Advance in Custom Content (Computer Science Corporation – CSC)Offering Lifecycle Management (OLM) Program – CSC partnered with GP Strategies to create eLearning courses related to their OLM process. Using gamification training, CSC Offering Managers and other employees learned about the new OLM process that helps the company evaluate new offerings, gathers support for an offering’s success and prepares the necessary materials to ensure the offering is ready at launch.
- Gold | Best Sales Training Program for Extended Enterprise (General Motors)Shop-Click-Drive Program – General Motors’ online shopping tool enables consumers to shop a dealer’s inventory, view incentives, estimate a trade-in value and apply for financing through a secure website at any time of day. Shop-Click-Drive is a dealer-specific, customizable application hosted directly on dealership websites. General Motors engaged GP Strategies to create a training program, which consisted of three eLearning courses; online help, a communications campaign; and interactive support materials to show dealerships the features and benefits of the tool, how to administer the tool and ultimately generate leads. In the first year, more than 1,800 dealers adopted the program and in 2014, Shop-Click-Drive delivered more high-quality leads than expected.
- Gold | Best Advance in Benefits Strategy and Administration (The Boeing Company)Learning Together Program (LTP) – Boeing serves an enterprise audience of approximately 168,000 employees worldwide; one of their career development resources includes the LTP, a tuition assistance program through which they have invested more than $1 Billion in their employees’ college tuition, books and fees. The company chose GP Strategies as their outsourcing partner to implement a global solution and to administer the LTP, ultimately improving customer service and satisfaction, increasing capability and flexibility, reducing costs and enabling department resources to refocus on core business activities. Customer Satisfaction index scores increased from lows around 85 percent positive (prior to implementation) to over 95 percent positive immediately after implementation.
- Silver | Best Advance in Custom Content (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina – BCBSNC)CareRadius Program – CareRadius is the BCBSNC Collaborative Care Management Platform used to help integrate complex health data and connect the entire healthcare team. The implementation of this new cloud-based solution was for healthcare preapproval, care management for higher-risk customers and management of claims appeals. Hundreds of employees, both clinical and non-clinical, needed training for this new platform. Courses were outlined based on critical business scenarios and used real-life scenarios to maintain interest. BCBSNC delivered the training solution to over 2,000 end users. Post-course surveys showed high levels of satisfaction and comfort in performing job-critical tasks for a large majority of students.
- Silver | Best Learning Team (Cargill)Process Safety Management (PSM) Education Program – Cargill chose GP Strategies to be part of their PSM communication and change education program. The program needed to provide education on the universal aspects of PSM while ensuring that individual business units had the flexibility to use the corporate education tools in a delivery format best suited to the needs of their location. The education program features modern training techniques and also provides an economical method to ensure consistency across many plants, geographies and cultures.
- Bronze | Best Advance in Compliance Training (Ameritox)STARK Shark Challenge – GP Strategies partnered with Ameritox’s learning team to enhance compliance content by creating a gamified learning environment, which the team determined would provide the most engaging solution for the training audience. They set up the story as a reality show, a cross between TV’s The Amazing Race and Survivor, where the test is to “survive” at sea while navigating through shark-infested waters from STARK Shark Island to Ameritox-land. The innovative training not only resulted in the company meeting its requirement that 100% of employees and associates complete compliance training, it also increased employee engagement and comprehension.
- Bronze | Best Unique or Innovative Leadership Development Program (Cigna)Leadership Orientation – Cigna teamed with GP Strategies to develop a Leadership Orientation program that leverages key topics, formal and informal dialogue, networking, and strategic storytelling, all focused on leadership experience. The program follows a seminar-like format, largely within small groups, to foster dialogue and debate centered on five key leadership questions: How do I align with Cigna’s strategic vision? How does Cigna make money? What makes an effective leader at Cigna? How do I build my network at Cigna? How can I be successful at Cigna? The series of discussions and activities culminates in a capstone activity in which participants articulate their own leadership story. The quarterly training is aimed at new high-level executive management in the top two management tiers who have worked for Cigna for at least 30 days. As a result of this training, Cigna leaders are able to more quickly assimilate into the business; add value earlier in their time with Cigna; build an immediate internal professional network of peers and executives; and reinforce a culture of transparency, risk taking and courage. The training was a success, and the new hires responded positively to the interactive, hands-on course.
- Bronze | Best New Hire Onboarding Program (Citibank)Explore the World of Citi – Citi employs approximately 241,000 individuals in 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide while leading a dynamic global workplace. That global focus drives the content contained in a new centralized onboarding program developed in partnership with GP Strategies —Explore the World of Citi. The learning solution consisted of a 45-minute web-based training; a guide book; a reflection journal; a “compass” resource guide; and a certificate of completion. The course was translated into 10 additional languages and deployed worldwide. Explore the World of Citi has been seen by some 36,000 new hires (and completed by 34,000) since its global rollout in June 2014. Almost 100 percent of respondents to the post-course evaluation said they would recommend Explore the World of Citi to another person (98 percent).
- Bronze | Best Advance in Succession and Career Management (Eisai)It’s Your Career, Own It – As part of their People Excellence initiative, Eisai, a NJ based pharmaceutical company partnered with GP Strategies to support the It’s Your Career, Own It! campaign. This campaign supported employee and manager career development conversations in a robust and meaningful way. The program included self-directed learning resources in the form of a guide for both employees and managers; and career workshops tailored to the employee and manager roles. After completing the program, employees and managers engaged in meaningful career conversations and accessed the resources that were available to them.
About Brandon Hall Group
Brandon Hall Group is an HCM research and advisory services firm that provides insights around key performance areas, including Learning and Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management. With more than 10,000 clients globally and 20 years of delivering world-class research and advisory services, Brandon Hall Group is focused on developing research that drives performance in emerging and large organizations, and provides strategic insights for executives and practitioners responsible for growth and business results. (www.brandonhall.com).
About GP Strategies
GP Strategies Corporation is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
© 2015 GP Strategies Corporation. All rights reserved. GP Strategies and the GP Strategies logo design are trademarks of GP Strategies Corporation.
SOURCE GP Strategies
For further information: Scott N. Greenberg, Chief Executive Officer, 410-367-9640; Sharon Esposito-Mayer, Chief Financial Officer, 410-367-9636; Jamie Coffey, Director, Communications, 443-255-3400