When you visit the GP Strategies web site, we collect and store information about your visit. We may also engage other companies to do this on our behalf. Examples of the kind of information we, or third parties we engage, track include which pages you view on our site, the site you visited just before coming to ours, keywords you used in your search, your company name and the name of your Internet service provider. We use this information to develop ideas for improving our site, our products and services and for better marketing of our products and services. We do not make any attempts to link this information with you as an individual.
There are also various forms on our web site that ask for personal information about you, such as your name, phone number, and e-mail address. If you tell us any personal information, we use it only to contact you in response to your request or to provide you with information that we think you may be interested in receiving. If you inform us that you do not want to receive any information that you have not specifically requested, we will honor your request. We will not sell or otherwise disclose your information to any other company.
GP Strategies has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints. Such complaints involving GP human resources, web and social media and client related privacy data transferred to the U.S. will be reviewed in the context of the employment relationship and/or a business services relationship.
In the conduct of our business:
- We encrypt our data in transit and in storage.
- In our delivery of training activities and consulting services we are sometimes contractually required to conduct business operations processing wherein we collect client employee, vendor and client customer privacy data on behalf of our clients and for our internal services processes. We also may collect limited categories of privacy data from individuals that visit our web and social media sites. This information is stored in secure sites.
- We use or intermittently use contracted assistance to process GP payroll, human resources and related employee services and in doing so we necessarily disclose personal information to accomplish these processing operations.
- We acknowledge that individuals have the right to inquire about and access their data.
- GP Strategies is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We make efforts to limit the collection, use and disclosure of personal data to help protect personal privacy. We will discuss with you your specific request to limit use of your data if you choose to restrict the use of privacy data. We most likely cannot make exceptions for required legal, regulatory, contractual and personal public safety contact information erasure requests. The discussions will include the alternate processes and consequences of the alternative processing methods available to accomplish the same necessary services affected by your request, up to and including deleting data if that is an option.
- GP Strategies is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- An individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration when seeking more restrictive data privacy remedies from GP Strategies.
- GP Strategies understands that it may not be absolved of liability in cases of onward transfers of privacy data to third parties.