Leaders must be equipped with specific skills to forge engagement while unleashing innovation. For more than 20 years GP Strategies has conducted research which shows that leaders:
- Have distinct workplace needs and leadership challenges
- Increasingly have to lead through influence and inspiration rather than authority
- Have blind spots when it comes to seeing what their teams need and where their leadership falls short
- Have specific learning preferences (i.e., multiple, shorter sessions, and access to on-demand resources)
Leading Technical People+ is exclusively designed to equip managers with skills and strategies for engaging and unleashing the knowledge, expertise, independence, and confidence of today’s specialized knowledge workers: programmers, engineers, scientists, financial analysts and more.
- Accelerated time-to-market for new product concepts
- Reduced friction and increased productivity
- More rapid adoption and implementation of new technology, techniques, and processes
- Retention of high-value technical talent
- Smoother, faster transitions for people promoted to leadership roles
- Leaders who can handle increased span of control
- A culture where technical experts thrive and a reputation that attracts the best in the business
- Research-based content and real-world practice scenarios for maximum relevance and impact
- Modular program design for easy customization and flexible implementation
- Continuous learning approach with multiple touch points to increase engagement and knowledge retention
- Assessment process for quantifiable improvements
(2-hour VILT per module):
Setting Goals: Increase contribution by setting and supporting SMART goals.
Delegating Responsibility: Increase contribution and satisfaction without micromanaging.
Giving Feedback: Leverage high-performance and correct performance issues with clear, meaningful feedback.
Inspiring Innovation: Unleash creativity and organizational potential through everyday innovation.
Managing Change: Maintain engagement during times of change.
Influencing Others: Create buy-in and advance ideas by building strong relationships and influencing strategically.
Handling Resistance: Push initiatives forward and maintain relationships by handling resistance effectively.
Leading Teams: Set up employees for success by leveraging the fundamentals of high-performing teams.
Leading Virtually: Communicate effectively across a range of communication media to a diverse, global audience
Foundations of LeadershipModule (half day ILT or two 2-hour VILT) is a pre-requisite.
Additional 2-hour modules selected for 1-2 day program (all available in ILT and VILT).