History in The Making
- The GP Strategies story starts in 1966 with the founding of the General Physics Corporation (GP). Before that, it was known as National Patent Development Corporation (NPDC).
- In 1998, NPDC officially changed its name to GP Strategies Corporation and over time embarked on a committed path of acquisition and global expansion.
- 2002 saw GP Asia established in Singapore.
- 2005 saw the spin-off of its ownership in GSE Systems, concluding the spin-off of all GP Strategies non-core assets.
- In 2006, GP Strategies opened its first office in India: GP Consulting (India) Pvt Ltd.
- 2006 onwards saw strategic acquisitions of companies such as Peters Management Consultancy, Sandy Corporation, Bath Consultancy Group, and many more.
- 2007 saw the incorporation of GP Hong Kong.
- In 2012, GP Strategies merged with and into General Physics Corporation, eliminating the holding company structure. General Physics was the surviving legal corporation and was renamed GP Strategies Corporation effective January 1, 2012.
- Today, GP Strategies serves a variety of industries in no less than 24 countries on four continents, proudly making it a global performance company.