Preparation and Readiness for the Inevitable
Those individuals, teams, and entities that have been tasked with preparing for unknown future catastrophes and emergencies profoundly understand the true magnitude of their responsibilities. Even with the recent pandemic, natural disasters, and commercial accidents, for the general public, emergency preparedness and response remains a mostly abstract idea or afterthought. But for the professionals in the field, it is a clear and present personal reality. It’s never a question of “if,” only “when.” At GP Strategies, we understand this.
By virtue of our many decades of on the ground experience in emergency and disaster preparedness, and pre- and post-event management, we’ve established ourselves as worldwide experts in the field. And, we understand that many organizations and government entities now need to document and retain institutional know-how and expertise as current experts retire and exit the workplace. Our emergency management services team is uniquely equipped to help business, municipal, district, region, state, federal, and partner agencies and organizations prepare for any emergency event.
Our end-to-end solutions include assessments, planning, training, exercise support, and staff augmentation solutions for organizations and public health institutions across the country. Whether natural disasters, industrial or commercial accidents, terrorism, pandemics, catastrophic weather events, or the unpredictable: we are ready.
Our Comprehensive Emergency Management Solutions
- Assessment. Before you plan, you need to understand your current state with certainty and transparency. Based on clear foundations of priorities and expectations, we evaluate risks, vulnerabilities, and needs in your plans, resources, communications, systems, and response and recovery tactics.
- Planning. Having a plan in place before an event occurs will likely save lives. Whether you need an emergency operations plan, an evacuation plan, or even an insurance policy review, our experienced emergency preparedness consultants will guide you to the best solution for your organization and community.
- Exercises. Individuals and teams alike often don’t know how they will respond during a real emergency. Preparedness exercises are a vital opportunity to “walk-through” and practice reactions before a true event occurs. These exercises are tremendously effective at improving real-event outcomes. We offer table-top, functional, and full-scale exercises for all personnel as well as senior leadership workshops to ensure every team knows what to do when the time comes.
- Training. Different emergencies require different skills and expertise. We provide customized and off-the-shelf training options to best suit your emergency disaster management needs. As part of our comprehensive training services, we analyze your emergency preparedness needs, design and develop detailed plans, and implement customized training programs.
- Complete Program and Project Management. Government agencies and municipalities often must comply with stringent disaster preparedness regulations. From professional sports leagues to large municipalities, we design and implement customized preparedness programs that include fully compliant disaster response strategies.
- Long-Term Recovery Planning. Laying the groundwork for a long-term recovery plan is critical to any community or organization. This includes applying for FEMA grants to get funds for recovery. To simplify this process, our emergency preparedness consultants can help with community engagement, funding strategy, and plan development.
- Debris Monitoring. Hurricanes and other severe weather events can produce large amounts of debris that may be hazardous to the public. We can assist with removing the debris and completing the FEMA Public Assistance application to help municipalities apply for the funding needed to do so. GP Strategies has provided debris monitoring in Florida following Hurricanes Frances, Charley, and Jeanne.
- Recovery Management. Perhaps the most complex part of emergency management is the recovery process. We can help you manage the entire recovery process, including grant writing, “project formulation,” inter-governmental coordination, procurement administration, and debris management.
- Staff Augmentation. Whether you need access to skilled engineers or support from our Emergency Operations Center, we’re here to fill any resource gaps that could prevent your organization from conducting a quick and efficient recovery. Our experience includes operating the Emergency Operations Center for the New Orleans mayor’s office following Hurricane Katrina.
Get in touch.
Learn more about our talent transformation solutions.
Transformation doesn’t happen overnight if you’re doing it right. We continuously deliver measurable outcomes and help you stay the course – choose the right partner for your journey.
Our suite of offerings include:
- Consulting Services | Aligning vision and strategy to deliver integrated and systemic business results to drive growth and change through people.
- Learning Services | Modern learning strategies, content, experiences, and delivery approaches that optimize workforce performance.
- Technologies | An ecosystem of learning and talent tools, systems, platforms, and expertise that enable learning and talent transformation.
Your Talent Transformation Partner